Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Shangri-La? At least the next best thing.


I've left the comfortable confines of the music-technology magazines to venture into the world of video games as the new Assistant Art Director on a big-name video game magazine.

It wasn't easy saying goodbye to my familiar job of magazine layout, illustration, and the occasional special project, but the chance to influence the look of a major magazine (especially one so entrenched in pop culture) was too good to pass up.

Even better is the chance to work in downtown SF. My offices are RIGHT THERE. The area during the day is very bustling and you feel a lot of energy just walking around. It makes you want to throw your hat...


Finally, the new work environment isn't your typical corporate office, either. Every writer in the bullpen has their own flat screen and different consoles to test/play games. What is this place??? I kindly backed down from a challenge on Soul Caliber 3 so as not to be virtually emasculated on my first day.

2 comments:

Tsuji Eriku said...

FJ, Langdon mentioned you got a new gig man, omedetou = congratulations. Man it must be a dream job. Hehe. Anyhow I want to be like you when I grow up. Aniki, Gombatte = go for it bro!

Freefall Jones said...

Thanks, bro! Yeah it's pretty suh-weet and the scenery is nice, too.