Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The hungry Ektorp delivery man.


I hate when you're given a ridiculous window of time when waiting for a delivery or some sort of service. In my case I had to be home today from noon to 4pm to wait for my Ektorp couch from Ikea.

So I came home from work early and waited. I started some laundry and made some lunch. Then I threw Batman Begins in my DVD player so I could watch it for like the fifth time. Finally around 2pm my doorbell rang to herald the arrival of my 3-piece sofa.

I opened the door and told the guy this was the place -- he was sort of the big Biz Markie type. So i shuffled some of my existing furniture out of the way and waited for the couch to come up the stairs. After a little while I noticed that the delivery guy was by himself -- what the hell was that? What company sends its furniture delivery guys out by themselves? So there's my new 7-foot long couch wrapped in plastic teetering precariously on a hand-truck -- the couch was stood up so that it towered over the lone delivery guy.

After some fancy hand-truck work, the couch was finally in my apartment. I knew the etiquitte was to offer the delivery guy a drink, but before I could even do that he asked, "...are you baking some tasty treats?"

Wha?

That really caught me off guard. I took a whiff of the air and confusingly said, "...umm...no, I just had some leftover chili for lunch. Do you want a bottled water?"

After he left I figured out he was probably smelling the snickerdoodle candle I had lit earlier.

4 comments:

Tsuji Eriku said...

snickerdoodle candle. In no way is that homosexual.

Freefall Jones said...

Huh? I will FIGHT the man that doesn't like the smell of tasty treats.

Tsuji Eriku said...

I'm just sayin'. A real man will just deal with the smell of ass in the air. C'mon I may listen to Jpop & watch japanese tv dramas for fun but scented candles is where I draw the line.

Freefall Jones said...

Yeah, I guess it would have been better if the delivery guy was like, "Hey, is that ass I smell?"